There have been a lot of strong feelings about our move to combine our Facebook Play-by-Email games with our Sit-n-Go tournament tables, which have an entry fee. We hesitated to respond to this because we wanted to hear what users had to say before we commented.
- **GameTable Online continues to offer a lot free gaming content. We have 13 games that are completely free and 13 other game titles that allow free play against computer opponents.
- **Facebook ads do not pay as well as many people think and we are unable to keep the system running on ad revenue at this time.
- **GTO’s focus has been on developing our game portal with Facebook being a side outlet for our games. Maintaining the Facebook connection has required extra work and also been the reason for the applications being down commonly. By integrating the Facebook application with our PBE system, we are expecting better reliability.
- **As Sit-n-Go tables there prizes for playing (raffle tickets) and for winning (GTO Points)
- **We plan on adding a 3 GTO Coin option to start PBE without the Sit-n-Go functionality.
- **Our goal is to support our GTO members with additional Facebook functionality over time
It should be noted that in all this talk about this change, the games you had started before this change, are still active and free for you to play at no cost. In addition we have added some features including the ability to surrender in Axis & Allies, and the server picking up for absent opponents in non AA games.
GTO is a small company trying to deliver big company content. All we are trying to do is bring quality web games to gamers. Unfortunately that costs money. We hope that you understand our position.