We have updated the games today with a fair number of improvements. Here is a list of the highlights:
+ Increased server stability
+ Network traffic optimization (more speed and less bandwidth)
+ All new "Sit-N-Go" tournament system (details below)
+ Custom setup option for Axis & Allies
+ Reconnecting will now remove the disconnect stat and allow the game to award wins/XP normally
+ If a game ends because all players leave/surrender, the last player to leave will be the winner (no more having to finish the game versus the AI)
+ Added new game abort button to the game options menu. If all players agree the game is broken, this will end the game without surrenders/disconnects/losses/etc
+ Various other improvements
Sit-N-Go Tournaments Explained
Sit-N-Go tournaments can be set up on the fly in the lobby. When creating a table, simple choose an entry fee. The creator and players joining that table will pay the entry fee in GTO Coins
when entering the table. If you leave the table before the game launches, you will be refunded your entry fee. The tournament lasts for a single game with the winner taking home a number of GTO Points
equal to twice the total number of coins in the pot. Those points can be traded in at any time for goods and prizes from the Treasure Chest
, along with points from Raffles
There are a few extra changes and rules for a tournament game.
- You cannot launch a tournament game in solo play; you must have at least two humans to compete.
- If some players do not make it into the game when the table launches, the game will not start without them and will close down if they take too long to arrive.
- Although stats (wins/XP/etc) work as normal, disconnecting from a tournament will not refund your entry fee or affect the payout to the winner so please use caution if on an unreliable connection.
- As with XP, ties will split the winnings and an AI (whether in place from the start or as a replacement for a surrender/disconnect) winning will pass the winnings on to the top placed human(s).
- If the game/table fails, entry fees will be refunded automatically; this includes if a game is aborted using the new "Abort" button in the options menu (which requires all players to agree).
- GTO takes no responsibility for the behavior of other players (though misbehavior that breaks the site's Code of Conduct
can still be reported for disciplinary measures). As such, we will not issue any refunds due to "cheap tactics", "incompetent teammates" or the like. The games are also provided "as-is", so be aware of any issues that may make a particular game less desirable to play in this fashion.