DENVER COLORADO FACE TO FACE GLOBAL GAME

Discussion of GameTable Online's version of the classic strategy game. Strategy discussions, feature requests, bug reports all go here!

DENVER COLORADO FACE TO FACE GLOBAL GAME

Postby dgss1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:07 am

Every two weeks we meet up in Englewood Colorado (Just off I-25 just south of Denver) at an office complexe with all the fixings. Big tables, Beautiful Chairs, Big meeting rooms, Big Custom Boards with alot of extras. Check out the pictures and the link at -

http://www.meetup.com/Rocky-Mountain-Ax ... tup-Group/

We do play Global BUT thats not to say some show up at 4pm and play 50th too Or just a Pacific or just a Europe. We dont play revised though....well not any more with the newer versions out.

If you happen to be in the area, all the directions and phone numbers to contact us are in that link....Stop by and check it out, Better Yet, Come to Play!!

dg
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Re: DENVER COLORADO FACE TO FACE GLOBAL GAME

Postby UtzChips » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:09 am

Cool! How long does it take to play a game on a board? 9 VC like here at GTO.
"I don't need your civil war! It feeds the rich, while it buries the poor. Presidents send 'em off to die as if they get 'em in a human grocery store! Yea, I don't need your civil wars!" 58,209 U.S.A. deaths in Vietnam. Avg age 23.11 yrs
UtzChips
Myrmidon

Postby dgss1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:14 am

A game of Global A&A takes min 5 or 6hrs for a 3 or 4 round game, We tend to play 7 to 11 round games in 12 hrs, first few rounds are time consuming with global.
I mean japan starts with 19 or so planes, not to mention germs air forced and the fact that there are 9 countries to move. check out the pictures, there are some good views of the board/map

dg
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Postby dgss1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 am

yes is it a vc game, a bit different in that if either germany Or japan reach there VCs the game is over. So it is 9 to either axis in a sence. a set in europe or a set in pac to go after-
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Postby UtzChips » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:28 am

dgss1 wrote:A game of Global A&A takes min 5 or 6hrs for a 3 or 4 round game, We tend to play 7 to 11 round games in 12 hrs, first few rounds are time consuming with global.
I mean japan starts with 19 or so planes, not to mention germs air forced and the fact that there are 9 countries to move. check out the pictures, there are some good views of the board/map

dg

Yes! I saw the website. Pretty cool. That's a long session. But you all chat it up during the game, right? That takes up some time.

So, no Revised I take it. Probably would take a good 8 hrs though, don't ya think? Especially if there is a healthy dose of banter goin' back and forth!

Anyway, I wish I had the time to organize something like this where I live. Well, it would have to be closer to D.C. [I live 90 miles from there] like 45 miles or so from my house. That would be cool.
"I don't need your civil war! It feeds the rich, while it buries the poor. Presidents send 'em off to die as if they get 'em in a human grocery store! Yea, I don't need your civil wars!" 58,209 U.S.A. deaths in Vietnam. Avg age 23.11 yrs
UtzChips
Myrmidon

Postby dgss1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 am

I bet if you search, there might be a group already there. It is good to hear the adjectives ftf while tossing white or red :)

dg
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Postby dgss1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 am

another fun part is pulling out a can-opener and waiting the hour for the round to complete to start it while staring at the board/them to see if they catch it or not :) Thats when the banter can really work to distract :)

dg
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Postby UtzChips » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:42 am

dgss1 wrote:another fun part is pulling out a can-opener and waiting the hour for the round to complete to start it while staring at the board/them to see if they catch it or not :) Thats when the banter can really work to distract :)

dg

I get scolded sometimes for chattin' it up here during the game, however, I do it while it's my turn or we are rollin' the bones, not while it's their turn to buy/combat/non-combat.

However, when it's my turn, I try and chat it up throughout to break their concentration. Afterall, it is my clock, right? :mrgreen:

However, against Experts......I keep my mouth shut for the most part & often put a post-it-note over the chat window. 8)
UtzChips
Myrmidon

Postby tsondaboy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Thats great dgss1!

If you ever make it to Tokyo, come and visit us too!
http://www.meetup.com/Japan-Internation ... ild-Tokyo/

I have quite a few of A&A games, not just the boards but the miniatures games too!
tsondaboy
Swordsman

Postby AFatCat » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:05 pm

2 questions......

1. any good hotels in the area?

2. What's a guy wearing the shirt from Boston ("wicked pissah") doin in Denver?
AFatCat
Swordsman

Postby dgss1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Why thats my "lucky" shirt.

Works wheather the dice are good or bad. Born and raised in the Boston area.

There are Hotels withing 2 miles. Dont know how good they are but the usuals are there.

dg
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Postby AFatCat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Maybe someday I will fly from Boston to Denver for a weekend and play then.
AFatCat
Swordsman

Postby rockismyreligion » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:41 pm

If we had one in Philly I'd be able to treat real Philly Cheesesteaks.
My Rockstar Name is Ace Neil.
http://rockstarname.com/index.php

-Founder of Team Rock
-5th Member of Team Kitty
-Member of the Gentlemen's Club
rockismyreligion
Superhero

Postby dgss1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:03 am

Another game this weekend.
Global starts at noon.
AA50 at 4

pm me if you like- links above

dg
dgss1
Swashbuckler

Postby SHOCKNAWE » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Im all in if anyone wants to put together a Boston area game!
SHOCKNAWE
Warrior

Next

Return to Axis & Allies