Tourney & League Admins: What do you want?

details about site tournaments and leagues

Tourney & League Admins: What do you want?

Postby RobEng » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:43 pm

We are doing some brainstorming for 2012 on improving our tournament and league play. We have improved ranking systems, more stats, better tournament/league standings displays, automatic result reporting, and automating the game creation on our list. I also wanted to open up the idea process to those of you who are running tournaments and leagues here at GTO, or other websites for that matter. We want to know what we can do to make tournament and league play more efficient and more enjoyable. The focus is on what kind of tools, webpages, etc. that can improve our competitive level play.

Since I have your attention I would like publicly thank all of the GTO users who volunteer their time to run these more competitive events: aagamer_kc03, JamesJett, dazaga7890, DavidNewell, rockismyreligion, damgenius, AcesUp33, and of course CaptainColeslaw. I apologize if I missed anyone else as this was just a quick list in my head of folks who ran tournaments or leagues in the last year.
RobEng
GTO Admin

Re: Tourney & League Admins: What do you want?

Postby David_Newell » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:26 pm

For me, mostly better forum editing tools.

Maybe allow the ability to flag people in the GP who are in your tournament?
David_Newell
Warrior

Postby RobEng » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:13 am

On the list is the possibility of new lobby dedicated to league players so that take away the need to highlight league players. Then again a badge might be cool feature that will encourage people to want to sign up for the league.
RobEng
GTO Admin

Postby rockismyreligion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 pm

An automatic result posting system would save us the hassle of having to dig through dozens of posts. This would make clearing forums easier, and would allow for faster tracking for players interested in being posted on all of the updates as they occur.
My Rockstar Name is Ace Neil.
http://rockstarname.com/index.php

-Founder of Team Rock
-5th Member of Team Kitty
-Member of the Gentlemen's Club
rockismyreligion
Superhero

Return to Tournaments & Leagues